Media and Events
VACANCY - INFORMATION SYSTEMS and TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
We currently have a vacancy for an Information Systems and Technology Manager, reporting to the Financial Executive and based at our Head Office in Heriotdale, Gauteng.
We currently have a vacancy for the above management position reporting to the Financial Executive and based at our Head Office, Heriotdale, Gauteng.
The incumbent will assume full responsibility for the strategic development, management and implementation of information systems and technology for this Company and its branches around the country. The responsibilities of the position will inter alia include:
- Manage information technology and computer systems , including the physical and cyber security thereof;
- Analysis of business IT needs and developing accompanying strategic interventions;
- Management of the day-to-day activities and staff;
- Negotiating contracts and managing the service delivery of third party vendors;
- IT project development and management;
- Managing procurement and allocation of information systems technology;
- Liaison with and reporting on related aspects at senior level; and
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
In order to qualify for the position, the incumbent should meet the following essential criteria:
- A suitable tertiary qualification in Information Technology ( B Com, BSC, B Eng ) coupled with at least five years’ experience in a similar position at senior management level;
- Syspro training, knowledge and advanced level competence essential;
- Good understanding of ERP and accounting principles with specific reference to Syspro, Excel and the relevant application to financial systems;
- Complete understanding of all aspects of the latest developments in ICT, including hardware, networks, and systems;
- A full understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems as well as databases (MSSQL and Oracle), with specifically strong SQL skills;
- Programming experience in VB.NET and C Sharp preferable;
- A good understanding of software development concepts and systems architecture;
- Knowledge of the practical aspects of Web-services, browser-driven and web-based solutions;
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with good report-writing and presentation skills;
- Proven experience in the successful management of projects;
- Proven experience in the successful management of human resources in an information technology and systems environment.
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in applying for the position, please forward a detailed curriculum vitae as well as your current remuneration details to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 25 November 2016.